Bus routes to Watford, Borehamwood and Potters Bar and New Barnet are under threat. This is because the county council is considering cutting £390,000 of bus funding - on top of the £1.5m cuts they made last year. Please sign the petition to keep these vital services going.
The County Council hasn't announced which bus services are affected yet, but £390,000 is paid to Transport for London for the following routes:
- 107 Edgware Station - New Barnet Station
- 142 Watford Junction - Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 258 Watford Junction - South Harrow Station
- 292 Borehamwood Rossington Avenue - Colindale Asda Store
- 298 Potters Bar Cranborne Road - Arnos Grove Station
These routes are well used by local residents to go to work and school or going shopping. Cutting them will mean more cars on our already busy roads, and real hardship for people without their own car.
We the undersigned call on Herts County Council to maintain its support for the TfL routes 107, 142, 258, 292 and 298 to ensure that these bus services are retained both for Herts residents and those travelling to Hertfordshire from London.