It has been a huge honour to serve as Watford’s Mayor since 2018. Our town came together so that we could respond to the Covid pandemic by helping those in need, supporting the NHS and making sure we backed local businesses. Thank you to everyone who stepped up to help keep Watford going over the last couple of years. I know how important it is to be accessible so that local people can contact me about the issues that matter to them. As Mayor I will:
- Hold regular surgeries, both online and in person, so that people can discuss their concerns with me directly
- Host regular Q&A events with other community leaders, for example Facebook Live sessions, so that people can ask questions to me and other local leaders
- Ensure that we have a range of community forums so that we can discuss key issues facing the town together
I want to continue working with Liberal Democrat councillors to make Watford a better town for everyone. We must make sure that we have excellent local services and keep council tax down. My key priorities are:
- Securing investment in new facilities at Watford General
- Cutting the government’s unrealistic and unfair housing target for Watford
- Tackling congestion in the town
Please do give us your support in the election on Thursday 5 May so that together we can make Watford a greener, safer and even more caring community.
View the full Mayoral Manifesto for the upcoming election on 5th May here.